Some practical help please ...

Reaction score
Hi Guys

had the worst experience .. 2 of my fish are dead a female anthia and my coral beauty:(

Who can help me with setting up/designing my tank. I need someone that has had practical experience to assist me please ..

M tank is about 250 l

I am currently running a Via Aqua Hang On protein skimmer with built in UV and a Aqua H2O cannister filter ...

Now I want to run the Reef Octopus DNW 150 skimmer and a overflow into a small sump with a DSB ...

Do you guys know where I can find an expert to help me ???

I have been reading quite a bit, but I must admit I would prefer someone who has experience to at least show me how ...

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Takumi - IMarine has a lot of experience in setting up external skimmers.... I am quite sure that he would be willing?

Unfortunately I know in-sump skimmers - as I have 2 ReefTek TS2's.....

Reaction score
i see that .. i checked out another post just now ... hopefully he will see the post .. or should i PM him ???

Reaction score
Hey Takumi,Is your tank drilled for an overlfow?if not you can buy a ready made overflow box.What would you like to know about the installing the DNW 150?Im sure i can help out.
thanx mekaeel - i will ask for more help when i'm seting up - i need someone at my side to hold my hand with doing the plumbing - i love shcyffs set-up.

That's exactly what i wan to do with the overflow box. How reliable is this set-up ? I read somewhere on the forum to contact chris @ northlands pets - he will let me know on monday what the cost will be ... have you had experience with his one.

Reaction score
thanx - need someone in cape town ... really need the person in the flesh.
Exactly why I recommended him :whistling: (he IS in Cape Town, is one of the few EXPERTS in the hobby, is a hobbyist as well as having a marine business, AND is a decent chap - what more do you want...)

Hennie

Reaction score
Guys thanx for all the help - Imarine came to me on Tuesday and we are working out a plan ... basically gonna drill for the tank with a 90cm sump. A in-sump reef octopus skimmer .. will take as many photo's as possible ...