Amphipod

Flatworm

Amphipod

Amphipod

Isopod

Bristle worm

Mysid Shrimp

Above photo at about 33% of full size

All taken with my Canon camera and 65mm lens.

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Fantastic Likefish really nice

irie ivan

Copperband
Reaction score
Awesome pics.

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
Wow,that's some lens there... I thought they were taken with a microscope :p

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
WOW! IMarine! Now that's some stunning photography! Do you use a camera macro stand (not sure of correct name for this) as well? Or was the camera hand held? And also - what was your shutter speed/aperture settings?

LikesFish

Blenny
Reaction score
You mean a tripod? No all these shots were hand held. Photos were all F11 @ 1/80 seconds, ISO 400, 65mm focal length.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Angelboy - yes, bristleworms are good, they form an important part of the clean up crew.

Likefish, stunning makro photography, thanks.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks LikesFish - No - I am not talking about a tri-pod. There's a stand where the camera is attached to (I think usually by it's lense), where the camera's distance to the subject could minutely modified, as such getting the perfect macro photo. I am just not sure anymore what it is called. I will have a look in my old photography books.......... BUT, I must say - you pics are ABSOLUTELY fabulous!
F11! WOW! Awesome camera you have that's able to open the aperture to F11!

Most other camera's and lenses have a maximum aperture opening of F8 or F8.5

LikesFish

Blenny
Reaction score
Thanks LikesFish - No - I am not talking about a tri-pod. There's a stand where the camera is attached to (I think usually by it's lense), where the camera's distance to the subject could minutely modified, as such getting the perfect macro photo. I am just not sure anymore what it is called. I will have a look in my old photography books.......... BUT, I must say - you pics are ABSOLUTELY fabulous!
F11! WOW! Awesome camera you have that's able to open the aperture to F11!

Most other camera's and lenses have a maximum aperture opening of F8 or F8.5
You are talking about a focussing rail. Yes I have one but no I had to keep the camera vertical to take the photos (all through water). So it had to be hand held.

PS: The aperture can go to F16 on that lens, and F22 on the 100mm macro lens, but I rarely shoot at those apertures due to diffraction limits.

Reef Maniac

Yellow Tang
Reaction score
Great photos' and GREAT camera - Using a 20D myself, and just wish I had the money for a 1D and a few "L" lenses...

Hennie

LikesFish

Blenny
Reaction score
Yeah that would be nice, but then again the lens I used above is not an L lens - heck, it can't even focus automatically.