Some help please...

Storm

Chromis
Joined
1 Apr 2008
Posts
728
Reaction score
5
Location
East London
Hello, I don't know how many of u have been following my bad luck with some horrible parasite lately. But in the end after R700 of medications I only have my Yellow Tang left "touch wood" it is now in QT being treated as the Main Tank is just a parasite invested nest. This parasite is actually eating my fish, making them bleed... Been Treating with Bio-Elite Heal All which seems to work better in smaller tanks then larger tanks. Now my question is how long would it take for all those buggers to die off? And would keeping my inverts or corals in there effect it at all?
 

Tony

Flame Angel
Joined
23 Aug 2008
Posts
4,095
Reaction score
68
Location
Honeydew, Johannesburg
Do you know what parasites they are? You could try a UV filter if they're water borne.
 

Storm

Chromis
Joined
1 Apr 2008
Posts
728
Reaction score
5
Location
East London
Tried that, didn't work. UV is still connected on the return pump though so it gets everything. I thought it was anitially White Spot. But white spot does not eat the flesh of fish or make them bleed with red dots all over the show... At least the Yellow Tang is MUCH better but his staying in QT for the next few weeks.
 

Similar threads


Top