Some corals may adapt to warming seas

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by mytank, 14 Mar 2012.

1. mytank

mytank

Last edited by a moderator: 11 Apr 2016
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. magman

magman

Too be honest, I find it hard to believe that warming sea levels would destroy reefs,

if you go to some rock pools along our coast in febuary, you will find that some rock pools get so hot, they are actually too warm to climb into, yet there is lots of sps, lps and zoas growing in them,

some of the rocks are very dark, almost black, and during low tide they absorb the full heat of the sun, I am sure some tempretures (I am guessing now) are well over 35deg, yet they full of hard and soft corals that I would of thought would be considered fragile,

4. mytank

mytank Thread Starter

Agree with you .... I think its about the speed of the temp and other changes. As the tide is going out it gets hotter slower and its not hot for ever either.

Last edited by a moderator: 11 Apr 2016
  5. Daneo

Daneo

yea i think so to an i dont think the temp has even risen in the last decade

6. magman

magman

I don't really want to derail the thread, but I think global warming has been going on for the last few thousand years, it's only now that the scientists have realised it in the last 50-60yrs, and blaming co2 emmisions is wrong, because one thing plants need to grow is co2, the earths magnetic ring is definatly declining, but saying and blaming co2 is wrong, I know the carbon levels are increasing at 28-30% than they declining, more than likly from the increased radiation entering from declining magnetic fields, it is other factors and not the co2 levels.

here is pictures of cities off the coast of Spain and Egypt, some in as deep as 150feet, and they worrying about rising sea levels right now:lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recent Posts