Some Clown Goby Advice NEEDED

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by Arries, 5 Feb 2012.

1. Arries

Arries

Hey Everybody..Well i have a little problem with the new guy i added yesterday..

[​IMG]

He only seems to be eating frozen food...How can i get him 2 start eating flakes or the pellets...I have a nano and cant feed frozen food everyday...It will destroy my tank...
    Any advice will be very welcome..
    Thanx alot..
    :lol::lol::thumbup:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. mandarinman

mandarinman

let him settle in and get hungry. i am only feeding flakes

4. Arries

Arries Thread Starter

Thanx will try it...Just dont want the little guy to go to hungry...He ate the artemia and krill like someone who hasnt had food for weeks tho...but ill keep an eye on him..how is urs doing...

5. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

Little bit of my "useless Info"...:blush:

Let's Clown Around With More Gobies: The Gobiodon sp. by Henry C. Schultz III - Reefkeeping.com

Clown Goby FAQ

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Clown Goby, Yellow

Clown Goby - Citron 1-2 in. (Gobiodon citrinus) - Reef Hot Spot

6. Manic

Manic Moderator

Not promoting a single brand here but this is my personal experience with flake foods.

I have always used "Omega One - Marine Flakes (With Garlic)" and have always had success with picky eaters. Even anthias eat the flakes straight away. I've tried other flakes but it is always hit and miss.

What flakes are you using?

7. Arries

Arries Thread Starter

Wow thanx @belindamotion....Hope this is not the case as I really can't feed frozen food twice a day...it will destroy my nano...

@Manic I use ocean nutrition brine shrimp plus flakes and Ocean nutrition formula two pellets with spirulina and garlic...I just really hope he comes around and eats the flakes or pellets...My anthia Loves the pellets and the flakes...

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  8. Tony

Tony

My yellow clown goby eats anything. Yours will settle with time and learn from your other fish. Manic is right with the Omega one food. I've used first flake to get my anthias eating flaked food.

Try mixing up the flake with the frozen but feed less frozen but crush the flake up a bit so he can eat them. I doubt you need a block of frozen food for a nano, possibly just half

9. mytank

mytank

You can also try some Seachem Entice - soak the flakes in there for five minutes and then chuck them in ;) good luck

10. Arries

Arries Thread Starter

Thanx everyone...when i fed 2nite he tried the flakes but he spit it out again...I think its a good sign coz yesterday and this morning he didnt want anything but frozen brine..Hopefully he will come around and eat the stuff..ill keep an eye on him and if after a week he still doent take the flakes ill get some of the omega one food and see what he does...Seems like he is a shy guy...all the fish dont have a prob with him except my yellow watchman goby...The little guy goes crazy when he sees the clown goby...But the clown doesnt seem to warry about him...Very funny tho...

11. LouiseS

LouiseS

Hi - how your the goby doing? Did you get him to eat the flakes in the end? I have a citron goby which also keeps spitting out the flakes and is looking rather thin :eek:

12. Arries

Arries Thread Starter

Hey man.
    Yes he did take to the flakes and small pellets...I might be wrong but they dont get fat like some fush...i have seen a few and they all had that thin look...mine is the same...Altho he is healthy and very active...Give him time he will come around...:thumbup:

Recent Posts