Some Advice Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by MichaelB, 25 Feb 2010.

1. MichaelB

MichaelB

Hi All,

Very new to Marine tanks etc & currently have a 12g Nano (been running for about 2 months) & already have a rimless with sump on order :)

Back to my Nano - it does seem to get abit hot so have the front flap open with a small fan attached but does not look that great - any suggestions on how to fit / hide the fan?

Secondly, I have seen some 12g Nano's where the hood is removed & a small (+- 30cm) light fixture on brackets as been fitted (nice and easy now to fit the fan) - any idea who might sell that fixture here in SA?

Lastly - if I kept the current hood & lighting, is it a major re-wire mission to have the current moonlights wired to own power source? or is it easier to fit a LED strip?

Last last (promise) - do LED strips come in one length only? can they be made to a certain length? Must the LED be mounted behind the splash guard?

Thanks for any advice / suggestions
    Michael

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Need to know what make your nano is, Boyu, Deltec, JBJ etc. Some pics of the inside and outside of the hood will be a big help as well. :)

Recent Posts