some advice please

Discussion in 'Water Parameters and Additives' started by newb, 5 Dec 2010.

1. newb

newb

after having used seachem seagel for about 2weeks now with great results i decided to get myself some purigen this morning and placed it in the sump(last compartment by the return pump).problem im having is that the minute i added the purigen my skimmer went mad,bubbling excessively.something my corals did not like very much cause the bubbles ended up in the return pump.i`ve switched off the skimmer this morning but obviously need a solution.any suggestions? thanks in advance.ps its a via aqua skimmer.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Annoying

Annoying

There are a lot of nutrients in the purigen, once inserted where the skimmer is it will go nuts! making millions of protein bubbles. The best would be when dosing anything, switch of the skimmer before you dose the substance and then wait an hour and switch the skimmer back on.

4. newb

newb Thread Starter

its been about 3hours allready and still same.you think i should just wait it out?

5. Annoying

Annoying

Ya , it's just probably taking longer to filter out for the bacteria in the tank, but don't wait to long, the bacteria will use what they need and the rest will filter out. Maybe just wait another hour and then switch it on, the skimmer will overskim but not as much as it would have if you didn't switch it of

6. newb

newb Thread Starter

thanks a million annoying.just to add again.the amount of information and help on this forum is just unbelievable!long live MASA!

7. Annoying

Annoying

Must agree Masa is one of the most information rich resources we have for the marine aquaria!

Recent Posts