Some advice needed...

Reaction score
I'm picking up a biggish naso tang tomorrow ±13cm in length, the reason I've chosen this one is the last one I bought a couple weeks ago was about 5cm and ALOT smaller than my yellow tang who bullied him to death. What can I expect with the bigger naso and my yellow tang?

Should I just have the actinics on for a day or 2? What else should I do to avoid drama as I don't think I could handle loosing another fish.

Thanks

No matter what you do there will be a fair bit of sorting out the pecking order. Very unusual for a yellow to be so aggressive, try changing your aquascape around a little bit.

I'm putting too much blame on the yellow. I bought the small naso the same day it arrived at the LFS (poor form I know). Never settled and didn't eat, the YT just made it worse. Probably just panicking a bit here. Thanks Alan.

Naso is doing better Warr. Got him/her on Sunday and up until last night wouldn't touch anything (Omega first flakes and garlic flakes, nori, red plankton, or Hikari pellets). I then cut up some chaeto and he ate a little bit, did the same this morning and lunchtime but half an hour ago I got a much better response. I'll start slowly mixing it with flakes and nori to help him along. The YT is not a big fan yet but calming down slowly. I do suspect however he's getting a case of white spot.

naso-1.jpg

glad he is taking something, really are beautiful fish:)

hope u comming to reef meet on sunday fella, would be good to finally meet:)

A real beauty there Gaboon, the males always look that little bit better (it's the tail flukes extending) they look even better when they get stroppy and raise the dorsal fin and do the elvis impression :)

That is one beautiful speciman :)

Naso have to be one of the more interesting Tangs around. If my Regal and Pencil eye had to move on, I would keep only Naso and Achilles

I like those Naso's, beautiful! Can someone tell me why some has orange lips and others red? Is it a male/female thing or juvenile/adult thing? :p

One of my favorite fish, dont stress too much about the WS as long as its eating. As soon as the fish settles the WS should disappear.

Blond Tang - Naso elegans. This is the fish with the blonde over the head.

So this is the one Gaboon got - thanks Mek ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news, I got purple nori today and he go's ballistic for it! Here I thought he needed time to settle but clearly just a fussy eater. I see what you mean about chaeto, goes straight in and straight out.

Back
Top Bottom