solid vodka based pellets

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Achilles, 25 Oct 2009.

1. Achilles

Achilles

This is interesting as it doesnt seem to affect the entire water column like vodka or other carbon dosing but is concentrated in an almost aerobic container as opposed to a denitrification filter any one have opinions about it?

NP-reducing BioPellets: Easy aquarium filtration

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reef Maniac

Reef Maniac MASA Contributor

Interesting... however, from their website:

whilst one or more of these polymers contain carbon (as all plastics do...), we don't know that else is contained in these "bio-degradable" polymers, and without knowing a lot more, I would be very hesitant to use such a product in my tank. Also, the website does not give any indication of cost - I suspect a bottle of vodka would be much cheaper than the number of these pellets required to have the same effect, so I will just stick to the proven for the short to medium term. If this stuff really works well, and once other hobbyists have played around with this product for a few years, and have reported positively on it, I will consider using it.

Hennie

4. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

So these have hit the market gona wait and see if there are any positives before i decide on using it

Recent Posts