Softie ID

Mc

Reaction score
Can anyone Id this soft coral frag Im not sure what it is? The guy that gave it to me said its some kind of tree coral. I have been thinking maybe a colt coral just want to know if its getting enough light/flow.

Sorry suppose you will need this.:lol:

50064e22c5a0e8313.jpg

I'm afraid the picture isn't the greatest. Could you try another one

I know sorry tony its a really tiny frag I've tried to get a better pic, this was the best I could get, its about 1cm long by half a cm wide.
Thanks anyway was just hoping somebody might recognize it.

Hmm, whatever it is, it's not in very good shape... unless it's a shedding leather coral. Can you "blow it off" with a turkey baster and retake the photo? It's too covered in slime to see what it is.

Sorry I really have tried to get a better pic.
The slime isn't actually on the coral it was just next to it it has completely washed away now. I still can't get a better pic. It had small brownish polyps that came out for a while untill my hermit decided to sit on it.

it looks like a Colt thats recently been fragged thus the shrivelled up look to it.

Thanks Kunhardt

Thats what I thought it was and it has been recently fragged.
I think its in the right position for now.
How hardy are these coral?

Thanks Kunhardt

Thats what I thought it was and it has been recently fragged.
I think its in the right position for now.
How hardy are these coral?

Usually very hardy...leathers can tend to sulk now and then, but they usually come right in a day or 2.

Thats good to hear I would also sulk if a hermit 5 times my size sat on me.:)
Also not sure how to glue this frag to the rock as it doesn't have any rock attached, I have put it in a hole in the rock for now hoping it will attach itself.

Thats good to hear I would also sulk if a hermit 5 times my size sat on me.:)
Also not sure how to glue this frag to the rock as it doesn't have any rock attached, I have put it in a hole in the rock for now hoping it will attach itself.

best bet is to take a needle and thread...or more ideally nylon and sow the frag around a piece of rock. within a few days the frag will attach and all will be well.

Reactions: Mc
Thanks Kundardt much appreciate the addvice.;)

Back
Top Bottom