Soap? Body lotion? Hand sanitizer? Consequences?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by NitroNarcer, 5 Jul 2013.

1. NitroNarcer

NitroNarcer

Hi guys and girls

I personally am always worried about soap, body lotion or hand sanitizer leaking off into my tank and what the consequences will be?

Does anyone know how bad the above is for your aquarium and has anyone had a bad experience?

A friend of mines daughter threw a wet wipe is his sump and the corals didnt look so good for a few days. Has anyone else had any problems?

I wanted to find out if its something that we really need to worry about it?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. JS

JS

I have never had a real bad experience, but I always was my hands and rins well before i stick them in the tank....not really anything that harmfull in them soaps and lotions....but I guess it depends on the quantities....

I have heard of a tank that lost some fish as the domestic was cleaning the glass and cabinet with Mr Min - again this is what the owner beleived was the case...cant know for sure....

4. NitroNarcer

NitroNarcer Thread Starter

I can assume that is the case with most guys is that they will rinse thoroughly before they stick there hands in.

I wanted to see what sort of quantities would really cause harm and if anyone has had any bad experiences. I have heard of whole tanks being wiped out because of shampoo, etc.

Recent Posts