So this is where everyone is hiding!

Darryl

Hermit Crab
Reaction score
Hi Guys:wave2:

I have sometimes had a look around this blog, but have never been able to spend much time here.
I was going through GOOGLE and found the thread on the algae scrubber. Wow, it seems to work great.

It's what made me join up. I got tired of having to search for the thread all the time, and thought that this way I could simply subscribe to it!

Good to see that there is a lot of experience here, and I hope that I can share some of mine with you guys.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
A VERY WARM WELCOME to MASA Darryl! Thanks for joining us! Great to have you on-board!

It seems that you have a LOT of experience, in the way you are talking! Please share with us who you are, where you come from in marines/reefs, what you are currently keeping? (life stock wise)? And what hardware you have running?

Please don't be shy with pics - we just LOVE pics!

Awesome man!

MASA Admin

Reaction score
Welcome to Marine Aquariums of South Africa. Enjoy your stay here...

Jaak

Foxface
Reaction score
Welcome to MASA!!

DragonReef

Yellow Tang
Reaction score
Welcome Darryl, we haven't been hiding, we been here all along :D

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Darryl, welcome to MASA - so let's start sharing experience and knowledge, ok....you first, let's start with pictures of your setup :p
We love pics :yeahdude:

ben lloyd

Cardinal
Reaction score
So Darryl you said hi ,we said hi now where are you tell us more about your setup and plans for the future.

Darryl

Hermit Crab
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I have been reef-keeping for around 2 years this time. I say this time because I used to keep marines many years ago........before the days of DSB's and MH lighting! We would use T8 lights(Pink and blue) and under gravel filters.

My tank is a 2 meter reef tank consisting of mostly softies, LPS corals and fish. I have a few frags of SPS stuff, (which I am not sure of the names yet), but are growing nicely. Filtration consists of a DSB/refurguium and a TS2 skimmer.

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I have been reef-keeping for around 2 years this time. I say this time because I used to keep marines many years ago........before the days of DSB's and MH lighting! We would use T8 lights(Pink and blue) and under gravel filters.

My tank is a 2 meter reef tank consisting of mostly softies, LPS corals and fish. I have a few frags of SPS stuff, (which I am not sure of the names yet), but are growing nicely. Filtration consists of a DSB/refurguium and a TS2 skimmer.
You sound old :lol:

Can you post us some pics of your tank and sump?