So had it with marine tanks!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by xtreme, 13 Jul 2011.

1. xtreme

xtreme

Hey guys

I'm just so fed up with all the tanks in my house!! want to get rid of it all!!!

Last year I build a new addition to my house with a 3.4mL x 65cmW concrete slab to fit a system on there, but now its a storage space with a lot of crap laying around under it and on top of it. So gat vol for all the mess.

Then there is a 1.8mL x60cmW x60cmH tank in my living room that I'm starting to convert for my tangs, But not really happy with the tank there, it takes up space and just looks to odd the way it's standing.

So here is what I want to know from you guys, how high must a tank be for keeping tangs? all of them (purple, yellow, regal, tenneti, sailfin, spotted britletooth, blond naso)

In this country to get thicker glass than 10mm is almost 1/100 and very very expensive! So I have to go with 10mm clear, My idea was for 3.2mL x 60cmW x 50cmH (overflow at 45cm)

Pleas help me:p

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. KeeganP

KeeganP

:lol::lol: You say you had it with marines and yet you wana build another tank :lol:
    There isnt any help for that...

4. rakabos

rakabos

There are support groups for people like you :lol:

5. chikaboo

chikaboo

Remember you can go quite far in length and width without too much concern if its braced well but once the height comes into play then you fighting against gravity to keep it from bowing and you have to end up with thicker glass .... I've seen a 6M with 10mm glass but very shallow depth and narrow ... no hassles ..... Also bear in mind the swimming style of tangs .... If I remember the ninja's words .... kick kick glide ...... so I'm thinking length will be be nice for tangs considering the way they swim ..... why worry too much bout depth ... remember the costs of the lighting goes up as well with deeper tanks and difficulty in manipulating corals and rocks in a deep tank .... Go lllloooonnnnggggg!

6. Tony

Tony

I had four tanks at one stage; a Malawi, marine, discus and communal, and my wife eventually had to send me to rehab (just kidding) and get rid of all bar one as the house looked like a pet shop

7. xtreme

xtreme Thread Starter

hahaha, ok, my house looks like a crap shop!! I want it need now, don't want the mess any more, will leave that for the garage:p

I wanted the 3.2 to be a FOWLR system with my tangs and can't remember who said, poor tangs, they must be in a reef system lol, so now the 3.2 will be my reef and this time I will not sell anything out of it, for all you Namibia ppl!!! lol

some pics of my mess lol
    [​IMG]

The 1.8M I was busy with and a brand new 300ltr corner tank, thought it would have been a smart reef system lol

[​IMG]

Ok, in that hole there should have been a 1.5m reef tank, (old front door was there) now its my 4th stage QT system before fish moves over to DT (still standing empty lol)

[​IMG]

Ok, empty tanks on floor is QT system 1,2,3 and the tank above , well that is sarel see monster the mudskipper with his own tide in out system, ok stole one pump for something ells and now it stay high tide:p

[​IMG]

On the left, well just a tank with 1x clown fish and one of my friends basslet that had pop eye, he is leaving this weekend, going to miss him, he eats out of my hand. The right is just another shroom fraging station, lol

[​IMG]

well, was a marine setup now my FW tiger fish lives there, lol

[​IMG]

well, now you see my top of the range storage system, I always seem to clean it but it never stay clean. On the left, temp holding tank 280ltrs with P/Tang waiting to be moved to it's ultimate home, then the middle, just another tank standing and cycle, lol, oh and the right, hahaha, don't even remember for what that was, getting a close up
    [​IMG]

Maybe a race track for turbo snails, lol

Ok now you guys see, need to start getting rid of stuff and do it proper.

So can I go 45cmH on the 3.2 tank with water level at 40cm then, that seems so shallow lol, my tangs must be happy and fat hahaha

For the women out there, don't worry, that storage system room is a mans room lol, no woman allowed hahahahaha.

8. Broder

Broder Mudshark

Dude... it may just be easier to move out and leave everything behind. Start a new life far away from any water or pet shops.

9. KeeganP

KeeganP

:lol::lol::lol:

10. jacoc

jacoc

sounds like a awesome size...maybe 500 deep water overflow @450 give that extra 5cm for gravel and lid with the tank 1m or 1,2m of the ground for best viewing...just my 2cents...

11. *Philip*

*Philip*

:lol::lol: Dude, and I thought I had it bad. Your place is a dump. ROFL

12. *Philip*

*Philip*

PS, next time my wife complains, I'm gonna show her this. :yeahdude:

13. xtreme

xtreme Thread Starter

hahahaha, nothing to hide, wait, you will see, my favorite words " one day"

14. Q89

Q89

Haha!! I just love this!! My room looks like that at the moment:lol:

15. Dane

Dane

I gave this thread 5 stars just because you are actually willing to show how bad your mess is! Hahahaha! Finish the new big project and clear the rest out! :) Offer them to friends of yours for free - so long as they provide you with a steady stream of frags when they get new stuff! That way you can get them hooked and get a nice stream of little frags! Hehehehe.

16. mrk drkng

mrk drkng

Lol @extreme. My room used to look like that. Couldn't even find the plugs. My cupboards still look like that.

Last edited: 13 Jul 2011
  17. bothal08

bothal08

wow how do u keep everything running??...do u have a job?....lol

18. Seabass

Seabass

Dude now this epitomizes the extreme lengths ppl will go to for this hobby. Keep going strong.

19. Q89

Q89

Remember I'm a friend in need of a bigger setup @xtreme :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  20. maxisoft

maxisoft

This Is the support group...... And how did it make you feel? :tt2:

21. maxisoft

maxisoft

Just did that...... Time will tell. :thumbup:

Recent Posts