So all the thriving fish forums in SA has died in the last 5 years?

FWIW, been skimping on the moderating, 3 tanks, 1 sump, and then some fw planted thrown into the mix too:

The pics don't do these tanks justice.

Me too, but it is literally impossible to get someone to agree to let us do a TOTM on their tank, I've asked forum members, facebook members etc. but nobody is willing. I had one person from facebook volunteer a few months ago but when I asked for photo's and a writeup they went silent and didn't answer my emails. Pity as it was an absolutely stunning tank that is not on MASA. We can't even find one tank a year let alone one a month, it's very frustrating.
What do you think the reason for this is?
I would love to participate in the TOTM, if only I had tank up to that standard :m01:

What do you think the reason for this is?
if only I had tank up to that standard
That is the number one answer I often get, people don't think their tank is worthy.

TOTM shouldn't be all about the look of the tank, sometimes it's about the methods people use, or the different equipment that's used, it's not a supermodel competition, it's about showing how different people do different things to achieve a good result.

You could have a tank that's hooked up to 17 different dosers or you could have a tank that's run purely off nsw changes with no skimmer. Doesn't matter, we'd like to see how you do it so we can learn and decide for ourselves what we'd like to do on our tanks.

You could have a tank that's hooked up to 17 different dosers or you could have a tank that's run purely off nsw changes with no skimmer. Doesn't matter, we'd like to see how you do it so we can learn and decide for ourselves what we'd like to do on our tanks.
And what I loved about those TOTM articles was that they were always so honest; including things that went well, and ideas that ultimately didn't work. Loved it!

Another reason, forums are dying is because of tap talk. Some pictures or links wont open.
Unfortunately we have no control over Tapatalk, and their support is beyond useless, do you have the ability to report issues within the app? If so you can try that, I will report it from my side but as I say, support is non existent from them.

Unfortunately we have no control over Tapatalk, and their support is beyond useless, do you have the ability to report issues within the app? If so you can try that, I will report it from my side but as I say, support is non existent from them.
I am over Taptalk, rather use desktop version. I am replying on taptalk as I am away from a desktop. So in that way its convenient. Just some images and links wont open..

I am over Taptalk, rather use desktop version. I am replying on taptalk as I am away from a desktop. So in that way its convenient. Just some images and links wont open..
Ok cool, well I've submitted a ticket with your screenshot, will see what they say. Just an fyi, their software was last updated 11 months ago. :(

Agree, 80% of my viewing on pc because of issues with poor optimisation for phones.
Is that with Tapatalk as well? Our forum software is fully optimized for mobile viewing, well they say it is, lol. If you do have any issues please send screenshots so I can try get things fixed, thanks. :)

Ok cool, well I've submitted a ticket with your screenshot, will see what they say. Just an fyi, their software was last updated 11 months ago. :(
Let's see what they say?, this is still the best platform for information. As the content is moderated. Where on what's up a newbie can be given incorrect information. Here we can follow tanks and refers who have been successful.

Back
Top Bottom