So all the thriving fish forums in SA has died in the last 5 years?

RiaanP

Reaction score
well, its up to members to be active. A bunch of mods talking to themselves seems silly.

Mods can do some stuff, but we are limited to the members participating.
After all, its a forum for reefers by reefers. Advise here are mostly not financially driven like a whatsapp group administered by some shop.

Reaction score
*Rant disclaimer*

Agree! The cynical nature of some members on many of those groups, along with bad advice! At least on MASA I can go look at someone's tank and then decide if they have any idea of what they're talking about. Many, many clueless folks dispensing just plain bad advice. Not that MASA is perfect, but commentary seems a little more altruistic and good natured.

well, its up to members to be active. A bunch of mods talking to themselves seems silly.

Mods can do some stuff, but we are limited to the members participating.
After all, its a forum for reefers by reefers. Advise here are mostly not financially driven like a whatsapp group administered by some shop.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
I also miss those tank of the month posts.
Me too, but it is literally impossible to get someone to agree to let us do a TOTM on their tank, I've asked forum members, facebook members etc. but nobody is willing. I had one person from facebook volunteer a few months ago but when I asked for photo's and a writeup they went silent and didn't answer my emails. Pity as it was an absolutely stunning tank that is not on MASA. We can't even find one tank a year let alone one a month, it's very frustrating.

Reaction score
Let me give the moderators some work, yes I have searched on the forum. Cant find what I am looking for. I dont want to ask on my what's up group. Because then the newbies will tell me how wonderful there tanks are doing using Salt mix. So how long can NsW be stored for?

459b

Reaction score
So how long can NsW be stored for?
Provided its in a sealed container out of the sun...technically indefinitely.
When you do plan to store it for extended periods, like more than a week or two, dont disturb the container too much and leave the last bit of water behind because there will be a bit of settlement at the bottom. Heres a thread :

Reaction score
Ive searched local an international for TOTM participants, people just don't want to participate, so its a difficult one!

Approached a few international peeps just last week and they are just never getting back to me...

Top Bottom