Snowstorm

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Hey guys,woke up this morning and found my tank to be completley white.
my float switch got jamed and chucked about 30l of RO in via my kalk stirrer.
PH sitting at 9.30.havent tested Ca and alk as yet.
busy doing water changes at the moment,really worried :(

hmm with P.h at 9.3! must've been quite a shocker... and i just made a DIY auto top up yesterday...

Sorry to hear your bad luck, this one of the reasons I manually dose my tank. Another thing is I check that auto top up switch at least once a week. With all the coralline growth in our tanks it is going to get stuck.

Another thing is I have a sump deep enough to handle my entire top up reservoir being added without overflowing.

Keep up with the water changes.

Sorry to hear your bad luck, this one of the reasons I manually dose my tank. Another thing is I check that auto top up switch at least once a week. With all the coralline growth in our tanks it is going to get stuck.

Another thing is I have a sump deep enough to handle my entire top up reservoir being added without overflowing.

Keep up with the water changes.
my sump will handle about 3/4 of the RO resevoir.the switch was stuck using suction cups and it came off and ended upside down.so no im gonna remove the suction cups and stick on a piece of glass and have it drilled so the float can screw onto it

Sorry to hear about that. Hope everything survives!

Suction cups err... suck. Can't you use a piece of perspex hooked over the side or something?

Mekaeel if the tank is still white dont do water changes as its a chemical reaction and will keep going with the new water. Wait till the water clears after the fall out and then start water changes.
Main reason i dislike kalk stirrers.

my sump will handle about 3/4 of the RO resevoir.the switch was stuck using suction cups and it came off and ended upside down.so no im gonna remove the suction cups and stick on a piece of glass and have it drilled so the float can screw onto it

The hook on units won't allow that but can get stuck in the "on" position because of coralline growth.

The hook on units won't allow that but can get stuck in the "on" position because of coralline growth.
yeah i know.Ive got the saga levle controller which has 2 float switches,1 is the emergency cut out.got the system for over 2 years now and just ran it with 1 float.gonna add the second one on aswell

Back
Top Bottom