Snorkelling / diving in Cape Town

Discussion in 'Diving, Collecting and Environmental Discussions' started by NADEEM, 7 Sep 2012.

1. NADEEM

NADEEM

Hi all, i am very new to this hobbby, but loving it.
    I am originally from Durban and now living in Cape town, i would like to find out where in cape town one can go snorkel a bit and maybe see some interetsing stuff, i do not have any premits or anything and do not wish to collect ro remove anything from the water, i only want to look and explore.

Also, what does one need? justa little snorkel and goggles? anyone know where i can buy the snorkel in cpt?

weather getting nice now and when its nice and warm i would like to go to a few spots and look around under the water.

Sharp
    Nadeem

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. durleo

durleo

Might need a thermal wetsuit with the metal chainmail for protection against great whites:D

4. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

:lol:

5. JohnDoe

JohnDoe

I got my stuff from Rabitech in Kuilsriver. They do everything from tailor-made opencell suits to spearguns.

6. Sammy

Sammy

Spent my childhood diving for perlamoen and kreef, nothing nice to see under our cold waters, besides sand shark, seals, kelp, and nice nennies, the kelp forest in the 2Oceans is exactly what you should expect to see.

7. SteveZi

SteveZi

8. Dane G

Dane G

Diving in cape point, I have seen so shoals of geelbek, yellowtail and various reefies like galjoen red roman hotties cape knifejaw, I used to spearfish till I got buzzed by a white off buffels lost a beaut of a yellowtail and walked on water to get to the boat but that was in deeper water in the shallower kelp beds you should be ok

Last edited by a moderator: 11 Apr 2016
Recent Posts