[wtd] Snails / Hermits

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could find some of these in durban? Do the LFS normally stock them? I called 2 and they didnt have any.

I can see a bit of GHA building up on some of my rocks so need to get some CUC tomorrow.

Reaction score
If you close to the beach....Can't you just go and pickup hermits from the beach???

Reaction score
I’m worried that I may pick up the wrong species that may attack my corals. I’m thinking one that has been living in a tank would still be there coz of it’s good behaviour

RiaanP

Reaction score
Yeah the small hermits. those with a dark olive green to almost black body and with yellow tips on their feet are 100% reef save. And awesome.

RiaanP

Reaction score
Just make sure there are hermits in there and not snails. Most of the snail shells these hermits prefer are predator snails when alive.

Reaction score
So went to the beach today , couldnt find any hermits because the tide was in. Picked up some snails but don't know if they are safe for the tank. Can anyone help ID these...

Attachments

RiaanP

Reaction score
These are all herbivore.
The small grey white you should leave in the ocean. They will just climb out your tank.

Top Bottom