SMS driven automatic Controller/relay thingie

Discussion in 'Anything DIY Related' started by amalick, 13 Jul 2010.

1. amalick

amalick

I found this by chance while browsing through a popular mechanics magazine.

http://www.autobleep.com/index.html

Basically it allows for the remote control and monitoring of up to 8 devices via using an ordinary cell phones sms capabilities. I leave it to all the DIY junkies to consider all the opportunities that this may present us reef-automation junkies.

Put to correct use the options on this are endless and best of all its LOCAL

LOCAL IS LEKKER

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. lIghty

lIghty

I wouln'd waste my money on this, rather get the GSM commander, it has an Analog inputs, dual temp and is expandable. The GSM Commander is also programmed via USB from computer vs the Autobleep which you have to program it by sending inscructions via SMS.

4. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

I bought the GSM Commander. Just need to hook it up. Played around with it and it is nice.

5. lIghty

lIghty

Yip, I've had nime for about 2 yesrs now and its awesome.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. brettb2020

brettb2020

agreed! gsm commander! auto bleep is for gates and lights etc. simple things :razz:

7. amalick

amalick Thread Starter

Jeez - I guess I'm trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs hey. I never even new these things existed. Googled the GSm commander and I concur thats its a much better choice.

8. vatso

vatso

9. lIghty

lIghty

The Arduino is a good platform, but way to complex for the average joe, you would need to have a good knowledge of electronics as well as the programming lanuage ( "C" I think?).

The nice thing with the GSMC is that is programmed easily via the computer software.

10. MistaOrange

MistaOrange

That would be a bonus to my tank & what even better the gsm commander retailers are not too far from us:slayer:cool thanks guys

11. Trev

Trev

SO what does the GSM kit cost to get running and can a seriously non technological dude liek me handle it ????

12. lIghty

lIghty

Mmmm really not all that difficult, Worst case I could give you diagrams on how to connect and could email you the setup file. We'll make a plan!

13. Trev

Trev

Thanks dude where can I get and what is the retail......I think one of these is vital for me as I have a tank that is on someone elses premises and I only get to see it 1nce or twice a week and I would sleep better with one of these on there. Also can it be triggered by a microswitch so if you opened the lid and the switch went off could that be done as I suspect somone is scaling some of my fish from this tank as last week a copperband just vanished and I suspect someone though it would look great in there goldfish bowl :(

14. Rory

Rory Admin MASA Contributor

Recent Posts