Small beginnings...

And I can't forget about corals!! What are good corals ? I know you guys recommended some xenopias or something? I would like bright corals that are not hard to maintain.

easy corals, look into softies. Zoa, Pincushion, leathers, Sinularia, Kenia trees, Xenia.

Okay so I have updated my stocking list since last time, tell me what you think?
1 coral beauty angel
2 mandarin's
4+ fire fish
2 clowns
2 wrasses &
2 gobys to finish it off (preferably sand sifting gobys)

Clean up crew;
4 Scarlet cleaner shrimp.
2 small crabs
1 or 2 snails

All good?
Kindest regards,
Jordan.

Mandarins are very cool to have but they need a mature tank with pods. They can be difficult to feed. Go read up on them and decide. They have some special needs. The trick is you need to get them to eat otherwise they will starve to death.

I have read about the mandarins and I would actually like to purchase tank raised individuals, so that they will eat prepared food.
Are the following wrasses okay for my tank?
A leopard wrass or
Mystery wrass
Melanyrus fairy wrass
I have decided to downsize my wrass population from 2 to 1. Reason being that it opens up more tank space.

What about these gobies?
Orange stripe prawn goby
Orange spotted goby (this is my absolute favorite so far!)
Gold head sleeper goby
And scratch the clown idea, I'll leave them out of my list.

Leopard wrasse are rated expert only. That includes melanarus.
So mystery wrasse it is.

Edit : I like the orange stripe prawn goby. Instead of getting it a partner you could also buy a pistol shrimp which it will pair up with.

Last edited:
Mystery wrasse are over 1k a fish.

A yellow banana wrasse or melanarus is a good choice as they good for keeping certain coral munching pests at bay

Well melanarus is expert only I am told, and I do not really like the bananna wrass. Any other suggestions?
Here are some more goby suggestions:
Banded sleeper goby
Tiger watchman goby

The tiger watchman goby and the orange spotted goby are my favourite so its really between those two.

Depends on tank size and pump ratings. Also rock scaping.

But you should be looking at 30 to 50 times tank turnover per hour.

For filtration I'm running 10x gph turnover. I was just wondering about water movement, I don't want to blast them with too much movement and kill the corals, inverts and fish.
Also for lighting, how much will an actnic, HO/T5-HO + moonlight LED's be?

Hey guys!
So I have updated my stocking list again, just want to get your opinions:
1x dwarf angelfish (bicolor or potters or rust angel or red stripe)
1x Melanarus wrasse
4x fire fish
1x golden sleeper head goby
2x mandarins
4x cleaner shrimp
3x dwarf blue legged hermit crabs

Then here is fish that I would love to add but I'm not sure about;
1x striped squirrel fish
1x yellow striped clingfish

What you guys think? I have done a lot of research on these fish and i love all of em!

Dwarf angel might nip coral but it won't hurt to try. My dad's flame angel never touched his coral.
IME firefish kill each other off. My dad has one left of the original 5.

Back
Top Bottom