Sliding Pumps...

Reaction score
My pumps keep on sliding down... and down... and down... and cause me a headache every few days. I cant be the only one having this problem. Any cost-effective suggestions i could try?

My pumps keep on sliding down... and down... and down... and cause me a headache every few days. I cant be the only one having this problem. Any cost-effective suggestions i could try?

You talking about powerheads with suction cups ?

Magnets are the way to go. Have seen some guys silicone the mounts directly to the glass :whistling:

Which pumps are you referring to? How are they attached?

You talking about powerheads with suction cups ?

Magnets are the way to go. Have seen some guys silicone the mounts directly to the glass

1) Magnets could work out expensive :/. Anything cheaper?
2) Silicone to glass lol no thanks ile rather keep this one as a backup. :whistling:
Which pumps are you referring to? How are they attached?

Resun pumps with 3 suction cups (Oh how I hate these things...)

I had the same problem. I bought my slef some cheap magnetic window cleaners.
They were like R25. Fairly small.
Stuck one to the pump with super glue and the other just sits on the glass and holds the pump in place. Worked like a charm :thumbup:

Magnets like Lappiesreef said or you'll have to go the silicone way...

1) Magnets could work out expensive :/. Anything cheaper?
2) Silicone to glass lol no thanks ile rather keep this one as a backup. :whistling:

Resun pumps with 3 suction cups (Oh how I hate these things...)

Make your self a hanging kit if you can hang off the glass ?

Another way is using old speaker magnets and some sort of sealed steel mount on the powerhead

Carefull of useing too powerfull magents...and where you place them on the pump.
You don't want to influence the pumps innner workings..

I had the same problem. I bought my slef some cheap magnetic window cleaners.
They were like R25. Fairly small.
Stuck one to the pump with super glue and the other just sits on the glass and holds the pump in place. Worked like a charm :thumbup:

R25 for a magnet? GG. Mine where R80 for a small little thing...

Another way is using old speaker magnets and some sort of sealed steel mount on the powerhead

Will look into this a bit further. Anything else?

Some guys use a thin piece of clear perspex or acrylic, warm it up and bend it in an upside down u-shape so it hangs over the glass and then cable-tie the pump to the perspex. This way you can still move the pump around and take it out if you have to.

here you go

adjustable%20powerhead%20mount.JPG

mounted%20power%20head%20in%20tank.JPG

Nice one Viper!! I'll remember this design.

It doesn't have to be as elaborate as that, just a plain piece of perspex will do, you could even make it out of glass. 3 pieces of glass siliconed together will be perfect. Although I would perhaps add a little foot at the bottom as cableties could gradually slide down from the vibration and weight of the pump.

thanks Viper.that's very cool!it will be slightly more difficult for guys with euro bracing though:(
Not really, you'll just have to make the top section a bit longer and then make a couple of extra bends to go around your bracing, sounds like fun :p

Back
Top Bottom