Skylight instead of globes

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by robertkukla, 23 May 2010.

1. robertkukla

robertkukla

I am wondering if i install 3 skylights over my tank could it work for lighting for the DT , or should there still be globes fitted ?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pads

Pads

Rob, Daylight sun will most likely give you a rather yellow effect on the tank without supplimented Actinics to brighten up the colours of your corals. You'd get great growth from the Direct Sun plus its free. I personally would add in a low wattage MH for those days when its overcast or rainy. It won't cost a bomb to run for a few days a month. Have a look at Bob the Builders Tank which has a skylight and extra globes as well.

4. robertkukla

robertkukla Thread Starter

thanks will look into it now

Recent Posts