Skimming options for 500l system

Reaction score
Hello,

If I'm looking to replace my berlin skimmer for my 500l system, what are my options from a cost/efficiency perspective. There seem to be too many models out there for me to have any real idea whats good and whats bad but most importantly if I simply want to get from A-B I dont need a ferrari, a safe reliable Toyota would work fine. :whistling:

-E

Elrond I would certainly look at the range of Reeftek skimmers, certainly there are better more expensive skimmers out there but Value for Money, good build quality, efficient skimming and ease of use they certainly are my first choice.

The TS 2 would cope but I would suggest a TS 3

My currenet TS 3 after being cleaned a couple of hours before
Skimmer-1.jpg

My previous TS 2
Skimate.jpg

Certainly thereare other options like the new AM TurboFlotor Blue skimmers
TurboFlotorBlue.jpg

And many others, but the Reeftek/Reef Octo range is what I would go for, just my 2c

mhh good questions, a TS2 would go for +/-R1400 + VAT + delivery and A TS 3 I would Imagine R2500 ++ but I could be wrong.

The Reeftek range is awsome or if you dont want to have an insump skimmer...Think about going for the ReefOcto Recirculation range of skimmers...

yeah Elrond have a lookie at the Reef Octopus DNW 150-6530 rated for up to 850L or even the DNW 200-6540 rated for up to 1200L

I've spoken to Adriaan from Idol Marine on Friday and he said that the new AM "Blue skimmer" is also going to be very well priced somewhere in the Reef Octopus range.

Also...Maybe try and go for a bigger skimmer that could run double or triple your tank volume incase you decide to upgrade at a later stage...Spend on quality to prevent yourself from regreting later.

Back
Top Bottom