skimmer

Werner - keep your eyes on our Classifieds section - you might just as well see a skimmer there for sale.
I would have given another member (Luke) a Red Sea Prizm Pro Deluxe skimmer. The only thing that's "wrong" with the skimmer, is that the pump needs an impeller. You should just need to get an impeller which should cost you around R100-R120...

BUT - if you can organize shipping from Cape Town, you can have the skimmer..... because Luke is getting another skimmer....

sorry pete i am realy broke cant even afford R1300 sorry dude

Werner, read this thread, I know it's long but worth it. Take note of the calculations - not difficult at all. You build it with a couple pvc pipes and a globe in a cheap container. Then at least you have something in place until you saved (what's that? :p) enough for a skimmer. Do regular water changes together with the scrubber and your OK ;)

bud it is an item you should be looking at getting as soon as cash is available.. there are other options like building someting yourself.. there are plenty of threads where members have embarked on this journey.. some are made from 2lt coke bottles to 25 lt buckets to empty silicone containers.. the possibilities are endless..rather something than nothing at all.. incedently what is your allowed budget for a skimmer? good luck and i will keep an eye out for one for you aswell..

good one dude.. its a definate must.. try get the biggest you can get your hands on the ts2 mentioned is a great buy.. im sure you will be planning a bigger setup before long;)

Back
Top Bottom