Skimmer??????

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
OK, so what skimmer do you guys suggest for my new setup? It will be about 750 litres sump included. Let the debate begin...
And please, mention names and model numbers :)

Another Q: Direct feed into skimmer suction or into chamber where skimmer is?
</IMG>

How about a skimmer poll mods? Give a lot skimmer names and let the reefers vote their choice ;)
If there is something like that, where can I have a look? My previous skimmer was a Reeftek TS2 on a 300litre system - was very happy with it, but there must be some real competition for it out there...

Tobes - the ReefOctopus DNW-200 is rated for 1750 litres as far as I know.
BUT - look at the new TS3/4 as well as the Bubble Magus skimmers as well.... IMarine had a thread about them..... Perhaps worth looking at, as they are Bubble Master/King clones....

Tobes - the ReefOctopus DNW-200 is rated for 1750 litres as far as I know.
BUT - look at the new TS3/4 as well as the Bubble Magus skimmers as well.... IMarine had a thread about them..... Perhaps worth looking at, as they are Bubble Master/King clones....

I'm always skeptic/paranoid about copies/clones of something cause usually they're not as good as the original. I'll rather opt for the TS3/TS4 in this case. Thanks Jacques ;)

I'm always skeptic/paranoid about copies/clones of something cause usually they're not as good as the original.
My choice DNW 200.They perform!
I feel that the DNW range are clones of Deltec.

ts2
ts3
dnw 200
and the new extream octopus range is going to be of the hook

Thanks Warr, pitty they only show a pic of the DNW400. So it works the same as the TS2 that I had internal/submerged?

Hi Tobes, Dorry Pets have a special on the DNW150 for R1900 (R700 off the main price) if you going this route.
However, i would speak to Floh at Ecoaquatics as he has been helping me and their prices are very competitive and their service excellent.
So would rather go that route - am sure he can make a good recommendation and offer a good price.

The 150 is too small, I want bigger ;)

I'll talk to Floh and Andrew, I know they give excellent service - been dealing with them for nearly a year now :thumbup:
Will ask if they do the DNW range :)

The 150 is too small, I want bigger ;)

I'll talk to Floh and Andrew, I know they give excellent service - been dealing with them for nearly a year now :thumbup:
Will ask if they do the DNW range :)

tobes get the shorty 5000:thumbup:

Hi Tobes i am going to post a pic of the bubble magus skimmer tonight,they excellent,excellent skimmers and skims very well,the skimmers i will opt for is bubble magus,h&s,deltec,bubbleking i have used tried and tested over 24 skimmers in 2 years,the best budget skimmer that i will say that you can rate with the top guys is bubble magus

Hi Tobes i am going to post a pic of the bubble magus skimmer tonight,they excellent,excellent skimmers and skims very well,the skimmers i will opt for is bubble magus,h&s,deltec,bubbleking i have used tried and tested over 24 skimmers in 2 years,the best budget skimmer that i will say that you can rate with the top guys is bubble magus

While you about it, post a pic of the tank :razz:

Back
Top Bottom