Skimmer wars

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
Seems like the skimmer wars are heating up again, i have just read that the Bubble King skimmer is about to launch their thread wheel, on recent tests it is claimed to suck 3500L of air and 6000L of water ph, that is impressive. The difference between ti BK and BM is the BK thread wheel is out of a metal mesh. Damn would love to test drive a BK.

what metal?

metal?is it safe?

I see BK are also developing mini-bubble king skimmers, let me see if I can find the pics and specs again, they look really nice.

what metal?
Dont know Phat and i dont think they about to tell us either, will try get pic and post it

Alan who does BK in GP?
Cb i dont think anyone does BK in the country as they land too expensive for the average aquarist in this country. If someone did import i reckon you would only sell maybe 1 or 2 a year and its alot of money to invest in a slow moving item.

Metall2.jpg

This is the mesh wheel that is on test at the moment, at the end of the day it looks like the end of the needle wheel the 2 leaders in the industry are going mesh its only a matter of time before the others will follow.

DSC02275.jpg

cool pics, and they must have video clip out too?

Sorry guys try this link, this is awsum.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the most impressive impellor i have ever seen. how that song go............? bubbles, tiny bubbles..............

hectic was about to say titanuim but then saw the colour of the metal..... perhaps a higher grade stainless? interesting path they have chosen (metal) who wouldve thought?

Anything with a Red Dragon pump on it is going to be seriously expensive.

I'm don't think that it is value for money, i know it will skim better than a reeftek or reefocto, but at like 10 or 12 times the price is it really worth it?

yeah i think so;)

I think skimmers has reached its saturation point...:)

Back
Top Bottom