Skimmer upgrade.

Reaction score
Hi guys. I am going to be upgrading my skimmer at the end of the month. I am looking at the Reef Octopus Regal 250 ext. I just wanna know from anyone who may be using this skimmer if they happy with it. I like what I see but just would like to hear your opinions.

Last edited:
So no one has anything to say regarding these skimmers. Well I have ordered the Regal 250E will be setting it up this weekend.

No experience with either. I am using a cone s and very happy with it. Both skimmers you mentioned seem to have good reviews on several overseas forums. Good luck with your choice.

Thank you NJH.

Yeah I needed to go with a external as when I am away for work my father who is now 70 can access the skimmer with out having to get under the tank. Lol and all the review and what the guys had to say about it on reef central sounds awesome.

I am sure you made the right choice. Just give it time to run in. Giving it a diluted viniger bath will help to run in faster.

Good choice in skimmer...
Reef octopus has been around for a while and I rate their skimmers to be at the top with the rest..Reef octopus has never dissappointed me...
The skimmer you chose, the regal 250e has massive air suction...

I am upgrading from a AM 1000TF. Had it for years. It is a lekka little skimmer but it's time to move on. I think the Regal 250E will fit my needs.

I got a phone call today while I was out at sea on a work site that my skimmer is waiting for me at my lfs now I am stuck in Richards bay till Friday afternoon thank goodness we expecting big swells and strong wind for the weekend. Loo

Got it today.
What a beauty, going to plumb her in tomorrow.
20160625_103000.jpg
20160625_110046.jpg
20160625_105052.jpg
20160625_103201.jpg

Finally plumbed in and wired up, just need to make up water for my monthly water change and to fill the the chamber of the skimmer. So tomorrow morning she comes online.
20160702_170233.jpg

A thing of beauty, definitely. The old AM skimmers were nice and worked ok, but these new ones are in a class of their own. :)

For sure!!!
It's been running now for about 9h it's a bit of a wet skimmate will fine tune till I get a bit more of a dry skimmate.

20160703_203536.jpg
20160703_203527.jpg

Back
Top Bottom