Skimmer setup

Reaction score
Please help with installing skimmer. Heres a pic of the top view and sideview. Does the sponge connect to the pipe in the second chamber and is it neccessary?

topview.jpg

sideview.jpg

When I was fitting the chambers I didn't allow space with the sponge so I've had to put the skimmer in the first chamber. Before it was outside.

Reaction score
Please help with installing skimmer. Heres a pic of the top view and sideview. Does the sponge connect to the pipe in the second chamber and is it neccessary?

When I was fitting the chambers I didn't allow space with the sponge so I've had to put the skimmer in the first chamber. Before it was outside.

Not too sure I understand you, but the sponge fitts to the outout of the skimmer, What make and model is the skimmer?

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
You only need the sponge if you having a problem with micro bubbles in the system.

Reaction score
If you have a space problem in the sump you can hang it on the outside. If you are going to have a DSB you do not want the oulet to release water directly onto the DSB.

Reaction score
Ill let you know tonight, loaned to me by my LFS while they wait for a part for my Rio

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Gaboon - I have 3 skimmers in total - 2 on my 2 metre reef tank, and another on my old 300 litre 1.2 metre tank.

The one on the 300litre tank, is a WeiPro 2013. Currently the tank is NEARLY empty (2 chromis fish in it only), and my WeiPro is doing quite a good job of keeping the tank skimmed.

I have a ReefTek TS2 and a Red Sea Prizm Pro on my 2 metre tank. Oh yes - before I forget - my WeiPro is being run by a 2100 litre per hour power-head/pump....

Reaction score
ive got one in my garage (a weipro sa 2016), and a 1900lph pump but the pump doesnt drive it well enough, i think about 3000lph would do it