Skimmer overflowing

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by carlrix, 13 Jul 2015.

1. carlrix

carlrix

I treated the water in my aquarium with Herbtana and Artemiss for 10 days to try sort out white spot on some of my clowns.The skimmer was turned off for the 10 days. A 15% water change was done after the ten days and the skimmer turned on again last Thursday.Ever since then the skimmer has been constantly overflowing and I have tried adjusting the settings with no success.I added the usual weekly coral food (Fuel) on Saturday and pH buffer.Tank parameters are as follows:100 gallon, pH 8.2, Nitrates 10 ppm, Ammonia 0 ppm, KH 12.3,Alkalinity 4.38, Ca 440, Mg 1365.Temp 25.6. The skimmer is a Bubble magus .Any advice would be appreciated.Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hingis

Hingis

Hi Carl, seems the norm that the skimmer goes ballistics after dosing herbtana, I would do a bigger water Change. It will also take a couple days to come right again..

carlrix likes this.
  4. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

Yes, herbetana will do this. Highest setting for skimmer and try raise the skimmer body higher by placing it on some tupperware, remember that you now have higher undissolved organics in the water which will cause the skimmer to overwork.
    Ten days with no skimmer is a long time.

carlrix likes this.
  5. Vilas

Vilas

Yup, that'll happen. As Carlos said, do your best to adjust the skimmer. When I tried herb tank, I just ran the skimmer a few hours a day so I could constantly dump it. I left it off at night, the skimmate was just flowing back into the tank.

6. Vilas

Vilas

Er herbtana

Recent Posts