Skimmer Options - AM102

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers, Mechanical Filtration' started by macfly, 3 Mar 2016.

1. macfly

macfly

Hi All

I have a standard Aquaria Am102, I am currently investigating my options regarding replacement skimmers. Firstly, I am keen to keep my skimmer in the back filter compartments ie. not in an external sump due to various reasons. I know that this limits me in terms of whats available. If anyone has been through this process and can offer some advise as to which skimmers fit and would be worthwhile. I must add that I do not currently have the budget to get a new Tunze 9004 - which I understand to be a great option that would fit.

If anyone can suggest other options that I can investigate Thx.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tokolosh 420

Tokolosh 420

hows it bud , i added a bm qq to my 102 , i kept the old aquaria running as well . the bm sticks out the back thou and if i was to completely open the lid id have to take the skimmer cup out , thats only cos i find it skims beter set up that way , when i keep it completely submerge the skimmer inside the middle ( sand bed compartment ) it skims very wet . What i can say is its made a massive difference adding a more powerful skimmer to that tank , its tricky to maintain levels in the tank esp with a high bio-load , def a good move :)

4. macfly

macfly Thread Starter

Thx Tokolosh will investigate the BM QQ

Recent Posts