skimmer oooooffffff!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by viskop kenny, 21 Aug 2012.

1. viskop kenny

viskop kenny

how long could i run my 1.5 meter 300 litre steup without a skimmer for? The skimmer starting tripping the main powere last eve so i took it out to inspect to find the wires entering the motor box were freyed so in instead of tempting death i removed it from my sump its a reef octo psk 2500 pump can this be replaced? My inmates are as follows 2 allard clowns 1 cleaner wrasse 1 fire goby african star fish 1 cleaner 1hermi 1 glass shrimp 1 porcelan crab thanks guys

Last edited: 21 Aug 2012
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. zak

zak

Your bio load doesn't seem too heavy, are you sure your 1.5m only holds 300 litres? I think you could go a few weeks without your skimmer. Will help if your water is being oxygenated by some other means as well..

4. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

do not feed too much. Your bio-load is not a lot and you should be 100% capable of running your system a couple of days without a skimmer.

5. LCornelius

LCornelius Moderator

Also dose some bacteria. Ran my 140L cube without a skimmer for 4 months, just heavy bacteria dosing and weekly water changes.

6. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

you can go without a skimmer for a while, i would limit feeding as advised above and perhaps just do more frequent water changes untill the skimmer issue is sorted out.. bacteria dosing is not a bad idea, perhaps something like seachem stability would help tide you over for a while.. i would not add any more inhabitants to the display for the time being.

as for the skimmer spares and spare pumps are available, contact one or a few of our sponsors for pricing...

Recent Posts