Skimmer Help

keyaam

Yellow Tang
Reaction score
Recently purchased a boyu TL450. How do you set the level of the skimmer. The cup keeps on filling with water. If I take about a liter or two out of the tank then the skimmer level drops.

Mtroboer

Chromis
Reaction score
There will be some kind of valve or pipe on the outlet of the skimmer like Scuba mentioned. If it has a valve, open it completely and the waterlevel will fall inside of the skimmer, then close it slowly, bit by bit and it will rise, do so untill the desired level is reached. With the adjustment pipe lower it to let the waterlevel fall and raise it to raise the waterlevel inside the skimmer body. This is how most skimmers are set, I cant comment on this particular one as I'm not familiar with them.

keyaam

Yellow Tang
Reaction score
There Is No Outlet Setting. Probably Need Help From Guys Who Have A Nano.

X Faktor

Shrimp
Reaction score
Hey keyaam.

Fill up the tank with water just above the spraybar. Let the skimmer run and put the lid on. It will work and the jkust check every now and the if the skimmer is not overflowing. Worked for me... The cup HAS to fill with water. Its a good sign. When the tank gets settled in it wont fill that much anymore as everything that needs to be out of the water is out of the water.

Do you have any additional flow in the tank?

keyaam

Yellow Tang
Reaction score
nope not as yet. busy setting up two tanks at the same time. it costs alot bru!!!!

mandarinman

Achilles Tang
Reaction score
Read up on Orca tl-450 on net, lots of info same thing different branding:thumbup: