Skimmer help

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers, Mechanical Filtration' started by Tremayn, 1 Sep 2010.

1. Tremayn

Tremayn

Hey guys, Im gonna get a 4ft DT with 3ft sump so i gotta figure out what sump I want. Went to this shop and they had a TS2 for R2400 but it says it does 500L per hr and thats abit lacking i think. Then i saw a, Via Aqua skimmer that does 240gallons per hour so thats like 750L the guy said and thats R1700... Is the Via Aqua any good? its pretty decent in price and does 750L .. I wont have enough money to get a TS3 so my budget is about 2500.. Should i go for the TS2 or the Via Aqua? Help please :) :slayer:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. magman

magman

I am using the Via aqua 388, and due to change to a big one reef octo, but my total water is nearly 1000l and you should see how well the skimmer works, I think it is underated by the big name brands, and I wonder should I really change, but I am going bigger fish and more delicate, so will do it. If that is your budget, then go the via aqua. There was a thread recently where I posted how I set mine.

4. Tremayn

Tremayn Thread Starter

thanks mate :) ... just wanted to make sure it isnt crap .. I mean i dont have to get the best but just dont want to regret it :1:

5. magman

magman

pleasure, I got mine for R500 second hand, the guy had used it for a month, I wont sell that skimmer even for R1500. It will definatly go into my next setup.

Just when you do get it, make sure you glue the impeller wheel onto the impeller shaft, just a drop of superglue. Also a great mod is the fishing line running between the pins on the impellor.

Recent Posts