Skim Dry and Skim Wet?

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers, Mechanical Filtration' started by NADEEM, 10 Sep 2012.

1. NADEEM

NADEEM

Hi all, i have a boyu TL550, put on a ReefOcto HB1000 Skimmer last week friday, it has been running very nicely except for the noisy return, the splashing is louder than i expected but will try to solve that little issue.

what i dont understand is how to 'set' or 'tune' a skimmer to skim wet or dry, there isnt any controls on this kimmer really, is it just about adjusting the height of the cup?

which is the best way? to have it skim wet or dry? does it matter or make a difference at all?

and other guys who are using theis skimmer on their boyu TL550, which compartments fdo you have it in? i have the inlet in 2nd compartment and outlet in third, is this ok?

sharp

Last edited: 10 Sep 2012
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Salie

Salie

Personal choice id say.
    Many do tend to skim wet and believe it helps with no cyano or any other algae break outs, faster coral Growth and brighter colors.

Ever since i skim wet does look to improve

4. NADEEM

NADEEM Thread Starter

INTERESTING, any idea how one sets the skimmer to skim wet? do i just adjust the cup to sit lower down?

5. Salie

Salie

yes just adjust the cup higher.

Tip: make sure you keep the waterlevel in tank consistant, otherwise skimmer will run dry and could damage pump. You may also want to consider an ATO system

Recent Posts