Sixline (satan) has struck again

Reaction score
2 days ago I saw my sixline in a mad frenzy chasing my 11 chromis. Saw this last night.
chromieyeless1.jpg

chromieyeless2.jpg

At first I thought it was swollen but looking closer, the eye is gone. Its still eating though.

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear Gaboon.

This is a green cromis Chickaboo, the sixline caused the damage.

Reaction score
Can also be your dominate chromis. I have seen my "school leader" attacking the smaller chromis

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Shame, poor fish, he'll survive as long as he isn't continuously being chased and harassed.

Reaction score
Can also be your dominate chromis. I have seen my "school leader" attacking the smaller chromis
I think he is the dominant one. I only noticed because I dipped a small container in the tank to soak some food and he ended up in it. Didn't even see me coming.

Reaction score
gaboon, do you have microbubbles in your aquarium? if you do, you need to eradicate these as microbubbles can cause pop-eye or if the fish already has an eye problem then it might make it worse...

Reaction score
gaboon, do you have microbubbles in your aquarium? if you do, you need to eradicate these as microbubbles can cause pop-eye or if the fish already has an eye problem then it might make it worse...
Gaboon sorry for the hijack... Dolphin, can you eloborate? I have put extra airstones in the sump and there are more bubbles (to get rid of Cyano) - is this a bad thing?

Reaction score
sorry to hear gaboon. is your six line large or still growing out. some seem to have far worse tempermints than others, mine seems to be well controlled but then i have large fish and they rather just laugh at him:)

sorry that the chromis is in such a state, he should be fine if you can keep him feeding, and that sixline away:(

Reaction score
Gaboon sorry for the hijack... Dolphin, can you eloborate? I have put extra airstones in the sump and there are more bubbles (to get rid of Cyano) - is this a bad thing?

mnd123... I'm really not sure about why and how you have applied the extra airstones, but I'm not familiar with such a method for Cyano eradication - perhaps you can elaborate on this.

Micro bubbles are a no-no for aquariums - make sure none are entering the main display from your sump.

The best way to deal with your Cyano problem is to check on the following and make sure these are 101%: Skimming, Circulation, Activated Carbon and Lighting. Water parameters must be stable for Salinity, pH, Temp and Alkalinity. Its also very important that there's no traces of Nitrates, Phosphates and Silica. There's a few chemical products on the market that might help with Cyano but I've not used any and therefore cant recommend these. I do know that there is a species of dwarf scarlet hermit crab that can help with cyano - check with your LFS.

Ps... sorry to be off-topic...

Reaction score
sorry to hear gaboon. is your six line large or still growing out. some seem to have far worse tempermints than others, mine seems to be well controlled but then i have large fish and they rather just laugh at him:)

sorry that the chromis is in such a state, he should be fine if you can keep him feeding, and that sixline away:(
He is quite big but the chromis are smaller. Never touched the clowns but they were in first.