Sixline-proof fish advise please

Reaction score
My sixline wrasse made short work of a royal gramma I got last week. The RG was probably half the size of the sixline. Will I have problems introducing small fish in the future? I want to get some anthias, chromis and a midas blenny. My LFS has some purple anthias but I think thats a definite no.

Reaction score
My sixline wrasse made short work of a royal gramma I got last week. The RG was probably half the size of the sixline. Will I have problems introducing small fish in the future? I want to get some anthias, chromis and a midas blenny. My LFS has some purple anthias but I think thats a definite no.
My sixline, only gets upset with small reef dwellers: IE: gammas, dwarf angels, wrasses etc.

He is not interested in my Anthias, Chromis or Midas. Basically anything that is bigger or doesn't live in his reef :)

Reaction score
Thanks Warr, were they introduced after the sixline?
Yip, my 6-line is one of my oldest inmates. The other two wrasses that I introduced, I made sure they were BIGGER and meaner :whistling:

Banana and Adorned - all three get on well. My dottyback has abit more of a hard time, cause of size, but fortunately the reef is big enough for him to hide.

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
they are lovley additions but have a very bad temper.. i will definatley be putting another one in but will make sure he is added after the more delicate fish such as gramma's are added... i had one that just killed every anthias i added.. started adding them in and putting the lights off sometimes for days at a time.. it worked for me..

Reaction score
I have a pseudochromis that is alot smaller than my sixline was and had so much attitude, he chased my sixline to death, literally. The sixline went carpet surfing trying to get away. If I could catch the pseudochromis, I would replace my sixline in a minute. I miss him much. For color, try one of those, gorgeous magenta. Can't compare to Anthias but nice nonetheless.