Site stats

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
We at MASA view things fairly differently than most, being a fairly new site we do not expect to have a hugh membership within such a short period of time. We have taken a far larger view of the internet than just members alone. What really is important to us are our active members as that is what makes a site so special at the end of the day. We would rather gauge ourselves on a global scale, we may only be a small reefing community, but we do believe that the reefing community in SA does have something of value to offer the rest of the world no matter how small it is. With this in mind when we check our performance it is not pinned against anybody else but ourselves and where we can make improvements to give our reefing community credibility globally. The reason we dont only concentrate on membership numbers alone is, you could end up fooling yourself and feeling complaisant about the site. One of the tools we use for this is a site called Alexa which gauges your performance on the world wide web and gives it a global based ranking. When first viewed it is fairly shocking but remember we are a new site and still small compared to some monsters out there, check out the top 100. You will be able to view any sites rankings. The site is free and open to anybody to view and is very easy to use. When you enter the site just type in the name of the site or forum you would like to check up on. When the site loads you will see that sites ranking, if you click on the rank they will show you the stats they use to derive your rank. Have fun with it.
http://www.alexa.com/

Very nicely done, MASA certainly has a lot to offer by the looks of this.

Damn where have you been? Really nice to see you again.
Yeah we happy with the stats for now, just a bit confusing at times as the centre bar when looking at the stats ie The 'traffic rank' is actually a ratio, and is your actual rank the lower that figure goes the higher you actually rank.

they made me work, mhh actually i wanted to, spent lots of time helpin out at that plant we spoke about

Sad story that, hope all goes well at the plant.

So we are at 1 237 141. Not too bad considering the millions of websites out there, I checked on a couple of other website rankings, ananzi.co.za (which I thought was quite a popular South African search engine) is down at 6.6 million, bit of a shocker that, the myadsl forums are at 10 680, wow, those boys are rocking.

Marineaquariumsa.com has a traffic rank of: 181,430

Traffic History Graph for marineaquariumsa.com

181 000 WOW gentleman you are rocking, man thats awesome, search some other sites and you guys are FLYING:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Certainly without a shadow of a doubt SA's premier Marine site

Last edited:
All websites out there, other countries as well

all countries I believe

Pop a website name in the search bar and compare rankings to other sites you would visit

Bear in mind it is not purely hits, its amount of pages viewed per hit etc etc etc

But the web traffic, is it mostly SA or from other countries? Or can it not give a brake down.
Thalion unfortunatly Alexa does not give too much detail, for that we use other tools like google analytics, which gives a hugh amount of detail but unfortunatly only viewable by the site owners.
What would you like to know i will pull it out of analytics?

Certainly without a shadow of a doubt SA's premier Marine site
Possibly, but IMHO there is a other site with far better functionality, but hey thats just me. That type of thing comes with age, so please dont get me wrong;)

Thalion, click on this link http://www.alexa.com/data/details/t...uariumsa.com/showthread.php?p=44583#post44583, near the bottom of the page you will see the 2 or 3 biggest traffic countries, at the moment it is at:

South Africa 88.7 %
USA 11.3 %

Alan will be able to give you more precise details from Google Ananlytics, also just for interest sake I will copy and past a list of all countries that visit MASA a bit later.

Possibly, but IMHO there is a other site with far better functionality, but hey thats just me. That type of thing comes with age, so please dont get me wrong;)

No prob we are all allowed our opinions;)

So if I hear you correct you are saying that a good base/ history is what impresses you.

Glad we now have that base running MASA ;):thumbup:

Ok, here's some info for all of you for the month of November

I think congratulations are in order to all of you, last month we managed to get over 1 million hits :thumbup:

Capture_008.jpg

Capture_005.jpg

Capture_006.gif

Capture_007.gif

Wow, well done guys for running a forum this helpfull and full of info without all the usual politics and dictatorial attitude

So if I hear you correct you are saying that a good base/ history is what impresses you.

Glad we now have that base running MASA ;):thumbup:
If thats the case then I cant wait:) I reread my post and it did sound rather biast! I can definantly tell you guys that I dont think MASA could be a better forum than it is now in the time it took to get this far! Does that make sense?:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom