Sit back, relax and enjoy

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Raven, 22 Sep 2008.

1. Raven

Raven

I've reliased something over the weekend - I don't really enjoy my tank as much as I really should.
    I'm always busy with something - water change, testing parameter, cleaning glass, cleaning skimmer, feeding, or other tasks. (not that this is fun...)
    But i couldn't remember when last i really just sit back, relax and enjoyed the tank.
    So i was just wandering, how many of the rest of you experience the same problem as me?
    How much time do you just sit and watch your fish, searching for that small new critters ext?

I think my family and friends get the most benefit out of the tank. They don't have to pay anything, clean anything, they can just enjoy the view!

But in the end it's all worth it - all the cleaning, feeding, building makes you really appreciate the tank much more!

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Raven - I can at least say that I share in your pain, man. BUT - At least I do indeed "force" myself do do some viewing too! I HAVE to enjoy the fruits of my labors and also the cost to my pocket. I wanna see where the heck all my money disappeared to!
    LOL!

4. shan

shan

Not me guys - i look at my tank everyday - my wife still complains that i look at my tank more then i look at her - hell, even when i am talking to her i look at my tank. But then again, i only got my tank for 11 months now

5. crispin

crispin

i agree with you there mate, especially after a day like yesterday when i did lots on my tank, but personally i take an hour a day with a beer at night and watch the reef. I truley love time with the tank:)

also as I love entertaining and the tank is centre piece of the house I always have a dinner conversation to break the ice:)

6. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

Hey dude. I have to make time just to sit and watch my tank everyday from my 'special' sofa lol. ('special' because of the view i get from it lol).
    Everyday i inspect the fish and corals espescially to watch for new groth tips and patterns. But before all of that comes the 'cleaning glass story' :)

7. crispin

crispin

fair comment, but how long have you been married:) hehe

8. scubaninja

scubaninja

yeah, i've found some days you just dont really get to sit and watch, but i do just that more often than not actually, when i'm bored i go and sit by the tank and watch the tang go by, i think he knows me now cause if anyone else sits there he dissappears but will flash his fins at me when i walk by:)

9. Andreas

Andreas

Hi Raven. Yeah there is a lot of maintenance but like crispin said you should make time with a beer and just chill. That's one of the reasons why I'm considering going BB as I hate syphoning the substrate and it's time consuming:(

Relax and have a :peroni: tonight.Dont touch the tank:whistling:

10. Rory

Rory Admin MASA Contributor

I know the feeling. I think my last tank took about a year before I could just sit back and not want to change anything. (except maybe SPS colours and growth rates but that's a whole 'nother story). My current tank still needs lots of work but I didn't have anywhere to put it so it replaced the TV in the lounge, so I can sit and eat and look a the tank...

11. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

Rory,when are you planning on showing us the new tank?

Last edited: 22 Sep 2008
  12. mike Bushie

mike Bushie

spend more time on this forum then looking at my tank lol :)

13. keyaam

keyaam

Thats for sure!!!!:lol:

Recent Posts