Silicone?????

Reaction score
I am starting to build my new tank with 4 panels ( 1750 x 650 ) that I;ve bought of somebody. The glass is relatively new and is scratchfree, BUT it was siliconed before. I have taken the pieces apart, but the guuys have used such a lot of silicone on the glass you cannot believe it.

Any body knows about an easy way ( or any way for that matter ) to get the old silicone off the glass without damaging the glass?

Oh yes it is 10mm glass panels.

Sanders

minora blade works wonders

Yip Mekaeel is right, or get a cheap stanley blade scraper a dash safer:) both will work well

You van also finish off with a bit of petrol to clean up BUT you will need to wash with a detergent afterwards then loads of clean water to rince and scrub dry with paper towels, be sure to get very clean dry edges - your new tank build could be weekened if you don't.

Thanks Guys, I know Minoras very well.Have spend many hours cleaning glass off with them. Was just hoping that there may have been a new wonderful "invention" or "discovery", since the last time I;ve been involved in the Hobby.

With all the other new things that I am discovering within the hobby now, I was trying my like. So it seems as if I am going to be stuck with the Minoras for a couple of hours.

And I couldn't believe their price, if I compare it with what I paid for ot the last time I used it. ( Not even talking about the rest of the stuff!)

Cheers

Wee-Man looking at your avatar, it seems asa if you can use a Minora as well and a Hoover afterwards to clean up with.
Would like to see what the man behind the beard looks like.

I would rather use one of the products that make the silicon soft ,most hardware storse sell them.Silicon stripper or somthing like that, all I remember is that the stuff worked even better than I expected.

Back
Top Bottom