Silent Replacement Pump recommendations

Reaction score
Hi Guys

My recently purchased second hand Boyu TL550 tank has just started to cycle, super stoked:m41:, but I am not happy with the noise the pump produces as the tank is located in the lounge of our small house. I have read that the TL550 is notorious for making a noise and I have tried some of the suggestions that other users have done and it helped but I think the pump is quite worn and there is still a noise which I think is caused from the back pressure of the return pipe. If I cover the outlet pipe it increases the noise which kinda confirmed the mechanical side of the pump is worn.

The Standard pump is 1400l/h so could you guys recommend a "silent"pump to replace it and do I keep to the original flow rate or should I get something stronger?

Thanks

Reaction score
The DC Jebao's are pretty silent but seems they not bringing in the smaller ones. think a 3000 is the smallest now but as its dc you could run it back on the lowest power setting MAYBE....maybe it might be too strong there also but they are quiet.

zak

Reaction score
Agree with 2una. I just bought a Jebao DCP-3500, its dead silent. The wattage is adjustable from 1 - 28watts, so you could vary the flow accordingly.

Top Bottom