Sihaya's

stunning Sarah!the clam is incredible.tell me,do your Coachman Heniochus asuminatus
ever nip on your corlas?

Very cool little system, corals look damn healthy. What lighting are you using there?

Thank you all for the kind words. To be honest, I'm usually a little shy about showing pics of my tanks since it's relatively small (only 94g altogether) and I don't have any huge sps colonies. I used to keep some acropora but my husband left my lights off for at least a week while I was away... I had no algae, but the acropora didn't quite make it.

Anyway... I have a 250watt/14k DE MH (positioned with airline tubing if you look closely- um, yeah). The fish never pick at the corals (except to steal food during target feeding--which annoys me to no end).

I need to take some pictures of the Turbinaria after it fully "wakes up." And I'll post pics of the corals in my "refugium" later too.

Oh, and please pay no mind to the Chili coral hanging from a veggie clip in the back. I would never buy such a coral. It came to me as a "freebie" in an ebay order and I had no idea what else to do with it (since they need high flow and to be hung upside down). It seems to be doing well like that though. I'll have to take some pictures tonight after it opens up.

Oh, I meant to mention something cool about this coral:
http://www.asira.org/PICT0026_1.JPG/PICT0026_1-full.jpg

I actually found that growing under one of my Turbinaria. I noticed it wasn't really doing so well under there, so I broke it off and put it by itself. I figure it's some kind of Turbinaria, but I'm not sure exactly. What's odd is that it seems to come out at night.

Very nice. Umm..... Any Sump pics? :)

No sump. I have a reverse photoperiod "refugium" that's no longer much of a refugium so much as just another tank where I grow algae and corals I don't know where else to put.

I'll post pics of the refugium tonight when the lights go back on if you all promise not to laugh at the cyano. You see... the cyano and I came to an agreement (it was a tough negotiation but we were able to keep our lawyers out of it). Basically, I let it grow a little in the refugium and it stays out of my display.

Hey Looking really nice, the corals look really great, can only get a few pics to load at the moment, but looks stunning

well done young lady:thumbup:

Oh yes we DO want to see the sump:)

edit: oops posted too late: refugium then it is

Cool. So how do you feed the water to the fuge?

My Tank is a upside down system, because its a Jebo and I did not want to drill holes. So I have a pump that skims the water and feeds a dsb "sump" that is above the Jebo.
Anyway last night I woke up at 02h00 to a very quiet house! The skimming pump is a Resun King 3 and they have a bad batch that was not sealed properly in its rear section. This I sealed with silicon but the water worked its way into the windings tripping the earth leakage.

So.. Bottom line.. do you have any suggestions for my system? Except for drilling holes :).

Heniochus asuminatus

I'm sorry if I sound like a tool here, but they're actually Heniochus diphreutus (as far as I can tell anyway).The Heniochus asuminatus are the notorious coral pickers. The H. diphreutus are actually pretty reef safe. But it is VERY difficult to tell the two apart.

Very Nice Sara :thumbup1:

That chair with the laptop on, is that where you're sitting right now? :D

Thanks... haha, no I'm actually in class now (obviously not paying much attention though).

Yep, I have a Remora Pro (love it!) that runs in the "refugium." Which reminds me... I haven't cleaned that thing in over a year. I'm a little scared to look inside it now. If it's anything like what I found in my SIEO... could be interesting. lol

I also run Seachem "seagem" (carbon and phosphate remover mix) in that H.O.T. magnum and lots of more Seachem phosphate remover in a media reactor.

You see... I don't dislike all aquarium products! ;)

Your stock looks really healthy. They must be really happy to have you..... but really stressed when they see you packing your bags. :lol: You need to train that hubby of yours better.

:lol:
Stunning Sarah...your acros did not make it but...out of interest how did the clam fair and how long did it take it to recover
Your stock looks really healthy. They must be really happy to have you..... but really stressed when they see you packing your bags. :lol: You need to train that hubby of yours better.

:lol:
Stunning Sarah...your acros did not make it but...out of interest how did the clam fair and how long did it take it to recover

Oddly enough, not very long at all. It was noticeably pale when I first got home, but it was back to its full glory in maybe a week or 10 days. The thing is, I have no idea how long the lights had been off because I was away for FIVE WEEKS (learning how to dive). So god only knows how long they had gone without light.

I think I might have lost a lot more if the tank weren't in front of the window. When I got home, all my zoanthids were pointing to the back of the tank and the brain coral had bleached only on the side not facing the window. It was kinda funny looking actually... but it was completely re-colored in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom