Sick Birds Nest

This is the problem, too much linear flow. Try to get random flow and do not point the PH directly at the coral as you can shear the polyps off the skeleton.

I have done this on Wee man's advice basically above the unit. I have quite a bit of random flow as I have 2 x m1100 blasting into the reef structure and another 2 x m1100 blowing across the top, with the return pipe right in the middle.

Any other ideas of creating more random flow ?

6547a9539cddac3.jpg
I have all my Seio deflecting off the glass.

The red arrows are Seios (all different hieghts as well)and the Blue from my SCWD(return)

The easiest way to create random flow in a tank is to position 2 power heads opposite each other normally left side and right side of tank so that they move the maximum water volume. Point the power heads at each other this creats a turbulant flow in the tank, very effective you will also end up with high flow and low flow areas.

Alan, I have heard that so many times yet never tried it, I am happy with my flow so I am not fiddling:)

I will have to try it soon

I have mine facing each other across the top of the water column just from left to right.

I have mine facing each other across the top of the water column just from left to right.

OK,I repositioned 2 of my powerheads facing each diagonally across the tank (I have a cube). Looks very choatic in the middle of the tank,but the front corner has now become very calm, only have a tube worm in this area. Will it be OK, having a "dead zone"

As long as there is some gentle flow moving through the area it will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom