Shrimp vs. Hermit

Reaction score
Hi everyoneCan anyone help with some info on hermits and shrimps, whether its safe to have them together or not? I've got three hermits, 1 common and 2 red legged and I'm wondering if I get a cleaner shrimp if they'll fight. The cleaning of my fish is important but I don't wanna loose and more livestock. Thx

I got 3xblue legged and 2xred legged hermits in my tank and a cleaner shrimp and they all live happilly. So in my experience they are fine together. I have heard that the normal hermits we get here can become aggresssive to the red/blue leggeds when they get bigger...dont know how true this is though.

I had cleaner shrimps and hermits mixed as well, no problems. A cleaner shrimp is miles faster than a hermit anyway ;)
See if you can get a pair, they will breed in your tank and the eggs/larvae will be beneficial to your corals :)

I've got 2 boxing shrimps and +-80 hermits. All seem to be fine.

I've got 2 boxing shrimps and +-80 hermits. All seem to be fine.

Do you stick SPS frags on your hermits' shell Mek? You say 80? I didn't see one :whistling:

They'll be fine together. I've got around 8 hermits and two cleaner shrimps and two fire shrimps all living together happily!!

The Common Hermit I got is about half the size of the others so I think the red legged should be ok. My cleaner wrasse is doing a killer job as is but the recent loss of my Regal Tang and Strawberry fish, I feel that the white spot worked quicker than my cleaner wrasse. Thx again for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom