show us pics of your Montiporas

Discussion in 'Coral Pics' started by 4age, 2 Apr 2014.

1. 4age

4age

Hi guys

thought I would start a thread on pics of montiporas...would be interesting to see what montipora collections we have here in south Africa...and who I can swop some montis with.lol

excuse the pics coz I took them with cell phone and colours are not up to scratch as yet

here is my green plating monti..excuse the condition...it had a bad attack of monti eating nudibrances...dipped it in potassium permanganate but overdosed and it shed a lot of skin..its recovering nicely after getting stable parameters and adding a dusky wrasse to clear any nudis that survived..love the growth pattern on it

this was it after nudis and overdose..check the recovery

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

next up is a purple edge plating monti..I suspect that its the one referred to as a "leng sy" monti on American sites..hate the fancy names they give sps. also had to dip this coral at the time as I found a few monti eating nudis on the base...but its recovered now..waiting for colour to come out, which has improved since the pic

[​IMG]

bought the next monti from perkies...its an encrusting monti that browned out after shipping and nobody noticed it in tank..so took a chance buying it...has coloured up nicely..turning a blue/green with red polyps...suspect its a superman type monti

[​IMG]

another encrusting monti...looks like a sunset..green polyps on reddish base

[​IMG]
    rainbow monti..lost this after dip..rtn:(

[​IMG]
    encrusting monti undata I think...lovely sps..one of my favourites

[​IMG]

I have a few more montis but no pics as yet..come on guys..post pics of what you keeping:thumbup:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Afsal

Afsal

This is an elkhorn monti (monti hirsuta). Sadly lost a lot of it to STN , saved a few large frage which are doing well ...

20131121_182711.jpg

4. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

[​IMG]

Ugly pic of my monti Danea, Blue with Red polyps. Its only started growing now after a year or so. also colouring up nicely.

5. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

and then I also have the not so common red monti growing like weeds in my tank.

[​IMG]

6. Marcd50

Marcd50

Nice Charl, if you ever frag that red monti please let me know, :thumbup:

7. Apache

Apache

Hi Charl. Would you like to sell any of your monti?
    Im looking for some larger pieces....
    Regards
    Markus

Recent Posts