Should I cure a small amount of rock

Reaction score
I have 2 small pieces of live rock which was removed from someone's tank at around the beginning of the year due to aiptasia. I have given it a rinse in some ro water and removed some of the detritus which wasn't that much. Should I cure such a small amount in a bucket for a couple of weeks or will. B safe if I just gave it another rinse and then added it since it is such a small amount?

image.jpg

RiaanP

Reaction score
Depends on your system size. If you got a lot of rock and a stable system, then this rock would not cause a cycle or issues. A small bump that most likely will go unnoticed.

Issue might be locked up inside the rock. Phosphates leaching out. Clean up crew would sort that out.

Reaction score
System is around 450 liters in total with around 40/50 kg of live rock. The rock I plan to add are prob around 1-2kg in total

Last edited:

RiaanP

Reaction score
not a problem.
I would just have them in a bucket of saltwater for a couple of days, rinsing them everyday. To get rid of dust and rubbish that can wash out.

Reaction score
not a problem.
I would just have them in a bucket of saltwater for a couple of days, rinsing them everyday. To get rid of dust and rubbish that can wash out.
Cool thanks will do that. I have been running a small pump in a bucket all morning, will set aside some saltwater tonight when I do weekly water change

Top Bottom