Should a skimmer do this?

Reaction score
Should my skimmer be making so many bubbles in the tank? No bubbles / foam coming up to the top of the skimmer? Can anyone help or suggest what I need to do?
Thanks
Tankwithbubbles.jpg

A close-up of all the bubbles
Close-upofthebubbles.jpg

Looks like you may have a pipe that's not connected or something is in the wrong way round?

Hi Viper,

There is only an air pipe that connects to the pump and the skimmer connects to the pump. Please attached photo of the skimmer.

Skimmer1.jpg

Skimmer2.jpg

Please tell me what skimmer is that (make and model)

To tell you the truth I don’t know as it come with the tank. The pump says Weipro. Should there be some foam or something inside the skimmer?

The first chamber, should be water and so many small bubbles that it looks white. The bubbles acumilate at the top forming bigger bubbles until it bubbles up the top in into the cup. I'm just strugling to see where your outlet is could you post a pic of the outlet?

Hey Dean

I have the Boyu WG 310 skimmer..

It is pretty similar to this one.what you can try is loosening the nozzle at the top of the clear air pipe to adjust the rate of your bubble flow...Try messing round with this to get the correct flow through your skimmer.It shouldn't be making bubbles lik that.

Hope this helps :whistling:

trying to figure this out - is this skimmer in your sump? I should be in the first compartment and then there should be some kind of baffel for thewater to pass through - if you have the baffels and the return pump in the last chamber you should not be getting these bubbles going to the DT.

How about posting a pic of the skimmer "in action" and your sump etc so we can see if there may other problems lurking there

trying to figure this out - is this skimmer in your sump? I should be in the first compartment and then there should be some kind of baffel for thewater to pass through - if you have the baffels and the return pump in the last chamber you should not be getting these bubbles going to the DT.

How about posting a pic of the skimmer "in action" and your sump etc so we can see if there may other problems lurking there
I don't think he has a sump, I think it's a all in one nano and the skimmer sits in the back of the tank.

WoW thanks for all the advice. I will take a photograph of it tomorrow, of the skimmer inaction and post it on the site. Yip my tank is like a nano tank with the filtration system in the back of the tank. I will play around a bit with some setting to try and control the air flow into the skimmer. Steven – I have sent you a PM, thanks so much for your kind offer to have a look at the skimmer for me.

Back
Top Bottom