Shop display tank advise needed.

Reaction score
Hey guys

A friend of mine asked me to help him setup a basic display tank in one of his seafood resturants.

I was thinking in the line of a basic 4ft DT with a nice cabinet ect.
Obvisouly it will be a FOWLR system.

Any advise or things to consider??

eg tank design(6mm is to risky)
stocking list(hardiest fish only)
ect.

Thanks guys:thumbup:

Did consider a bigger tank, but space is limited as the tank will be at the entrance in the "wait to be seated" area.

you need to be cautious of glass thickness in a public facility, i would suggest 10mm as a standard.

as for fish it could be as simple as a predator display.. the public generally dont know the value of the fish we aspire to keep and just seeing a few devils/ lions will achieve a god effect and keep maintenance on the low end.. keep it simple. it will be more successful that way.

you need to be cautious of glass thickness in a public facility, i would suggest 10mm as a standard.

as for fish it could be as simple as a predator display.. the public generally dont know the value of the fish we aspire to keep and just seeing a few devils/ lions will achieve a god effect and keep maintenance on the low end.. keep it simple. it will be more successful that way.

Ditto on what Les is saying wrt glass thickness (I think we discussed it briefly as well), the idea of a predator tank would actually be cool

Did consider a bigger tank, but space is limited as the tank will be at the entrance in the "wait to be seated" area.

What about a nice cube with 3 viewing panes ?

I did mention a preds tank to my mate but wants the "nemo and dorry" effect.
But you are right, it must be as simple as possible and as safe as possible.

FransSny;461122 What about a nice cube with 3 viewing panes ?[/QUOTE said:
Out of say 12mm glass???

Anybody have any stocking suggestions?

If you think of putting a "Dorry" in a standard 4 foot the tang Police will come knocking;)

What about two "Nemo" Clowns, a couple of Chromis, 2 X cleaner shrimps and maybe a yellow tang?

Back
Top Bottom