shocked what i saw at julies pets

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by brettb2020, 18 Jul 2009.

1. brettb2020

brettb2020

guys today i walked into julies pets and the first thing that cought my eye was a yellow tang, medium in size, in a 25l tank!!!!!!! the thing was beaten to shreads. it had absolutely no fins what so ever! hobling around trying swim in this pico tank with a few other inmates.

i dont know what the story is there but it definately doesnt look good for the shop.

does putting the tang in a tank like that maybe help with the growth of its fins back?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Warr7207

Warr7207

It sounds like the Tang was in a tank with some other bigger Zebrasoma Tangs, and they can be very vicious to other similar shaped Tangs.

Maybe the idea, is to let it chill and try recover in a calm environment.

Fins grow back very quick on these fish

4. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

Sometimes what you see in a shop maybe is not what it seems, i reckon Warr has nailed it :)

5. chikaboo

chikaboo

Speak to Cassim - He is pretty much a straight forward guy - he will give you the correct story behind this wierd scenario - I'm pretty sure theres a logical explanation behind this and if I am correct Warr should be on the right track with his reply but if not bad on the pet shop - bear in mind Cassim is a very understanding person and if you offer him some advice if he is in the wrong he would take it - try!

Recent Posts