Shiks 650l Potential Insurance Problem

Reaction score
Hey Guys ......i have been puttin this post off for a while now....cos i wanted to get all my Chromis in a row....I have been planning this with Northlands for abt 2 months now and things are finally taking shape

Display : +- 650l / 685l
Size: 1.5 x 700 x 700
Thickness : 10mm glass
Tank Builder : Chris from Northlands (AWESOME GUY)
Lighting : 6 x 54w T5s / but trying for 8
Skimmer : AM TurboFlotor SL ( rated for betw 500l /1000l)
Return : Resun King 4
Stand : 4x4 5mm Angle Iron hot dipped Galvanised
Sump : will be a 3 foot
Chiller : no budget yet for it but will come
Substrate : Arogonite
LR : +- 24kgs (cycled in current tank) + 10kgs New figi + 15kgs Bio rock

890491d8138c87d2.jpg

My Stand 4 x 4 5mm with double bracin in center galvanised

8904927caaa7c4d6.jpg

Wipe down and everbody needs to use Newspaper
8904927caaa81eb1.jpg

its amazing no one drops the glass
8904927cb2ca2764.jpg

Mr Chris Harrison sayin " I once caught a Fish this Big "

8904927cb9c022b4.jpg

3rd side up

8904927cc816112d.jpg

Wondering how he got himself in this position in the first place

8904927cc8166b1b.jpg

In record time bottom braced and 4 side up(under 54mins)

8904927ccf433df1.jpg

Fully braced and beginning to set

8904927cfbab46c5.jpg

The Big Move took 6 guys and sum heavy liftin.....I was holding onto the really heavy camera pouch

8904927cfbabeac6.jpg

Amazingly 4 guys undid what 6 guys loaded

8904927d02de8626.jpg

Drying in the Garage till tank is deemed test worthy for sum trials....

890492a7ab3c5e7b.jpg

First coat of Black background

My best drawing of what type of wood work i want
890491d8138d2fb8.jpg

so from here on its abt 2 weeks before i fill her up...have to still find a good carpenter and get existing tank out and new one placed

Nice tank Shiks!! What are you using for the black background? Just looking for ideas for my new project..

very cool dude! love the new tank look:) its lekker to see new tanks!! starting fresh is awesome! gonna be collecing my beast this weekend so i'm gonna be in the same boat! awesome dude!! keep us posted

Looking realy nice there Shinks, but is there any reason why you didn't go for euro bracing?

And, T5 on a 700mm tank, might need to go with MH IMHO?

But REALY looks GOOD

Jaak...paint is charcoal Plascon roof seal....its rubberlike so sticks well...plus the more coats u give it the darker it gets....lighty....water height is gonna be filled to 650mm + mounting reflectors on....am hoping will be fine...also whats the cons of having center bracing ?...I went with what the tank builder could guarentee:)

Saw this tank the other day, looks really sweet.
Looking realy nice there Shinks, but is there any reason why you didn't go for euro bracing?
Chris always does both Euro and cross, never takes a chance.

Thanks Shiks, is that paint ok to put on your tank? Will it not leach something bad into your tank? The centre bracing will def affect your lighting imo.

paint is safe as far as i know...was givin to me by LFS have to return it soon.....I can live with center brace cos it comes with chris s personal backing...

Jaak...paint is charcoal Plascon roof seal....its rubberlike so sticks well...plus the more coats u give it the darker it gets....lighty....water height is gonna be filled to 650mm + mounting reflectors on....am hoping will be fine...also whats the cons of having center bracing ?...I went with what the tank builder could guarentee:)

Saw this tank the other day, looks really sweet.

Chris always does both Euro and cross, never takes a chance.

Don't get me wrong, Safer is always better:thumbup:, but imo, like Jaak said, it could affect the lighting.

Northlands / Chris know what they doing, so go with it, was just trying to find out if it was your preferance.;) Keep us posted!

that tanks is really build by a pro....if i build a tank its silicon flipen everywhere:p

damn nice man

and your cabinet idee looks pretty awesome too :thumbup:

paint is safe as far as i know...was givin to me by LFS have to return it soon.....I can live with center brace cos it comes with chris s personal backing...

Nice tank Shicks. In this case the centre brace is a must.
The glass calculator recommends 13.2mm for the sides to get a safety factor of 3.8 (no bracing taken into account)
This tank has 10mm glass, so the safety factor drops to 2.2 :(

Back
Top Bottom