Sharks are taking a break due to the global recession

It is unbelieveable how many sharks are caught in our waters by international commercial trawlers.

Okes - just to give everyone some decent figures:
- 150 million TONNES of SHARK meat, is being processed EVERY YEAR!
- That equates to about 400 million sharks being KILLED OFF EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

The total number of sharks (which includes: tiger sharks, white sharks (which is illegal to kill in about 3/4 of all fishing waters in the oceans), bull/zambezi sharks, and other sharks - ie. white-tip reef sharks, black-tip sharks, oceanic white-tip sharks, blue-sharks, mako sharks, etc) that's being recorded EVERY year, has declined the past 10 years, by a number of at leat 20% per year............

Meaning - that THIS HUGE decline in sharks - are the REAL REASON for the decline in the number of shark attacks every year!

ill poo on thier ships.. japs... need a nuke!

I used to be part of an organisation called SEA - Surfers enviromental Association.. just wish we could do more..

Eish - even GreenPeace cannot do MUCH about this. It is really HUGELY HUGELY frustrating for me, especially - being a shark lover........ and there are MANY MANY other people like me out in the world!

of course.. i couldnt even watch carte blanche tonight.. we humans stuff everything up.. soon our kids will only know what corals are if they look into our glass boxes...

It is all about money. They (government) like to talk about certain organizations who gives feedback and do impact studies wrt sharktotals/fishtotals etc etc and everything is A ok, but it is all just a front, as money talks and government is pocketing huge amounts- not only here, all over

Back
Top Bottom